Community Representative needed for Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center Board
The Mt Abraham Board is currently looking for a community member to represent the 5 Town community on the Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center Board. The commitment to this position is currently attending the monthly Board meeting (2nd Wednesday of the month). It is possible, if you join additional Board committees, that you would attend more meetings. If you are interested in being appointed to this position, please email Dawn Griswold (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Mt Abraham Board would like to appoint a community member at their next meeting (3/28), if possible.
Due to the weather
We will be CLOSED for our regular evening hours 4pm – 7pm.
The Town Clerk and Treasurer will not be in the office this evening.
We hope if you all have to travel it is safe travels.
2017 March 7th Election Night Candidate Result
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Monkton Town School District Ballot Results: Article #4
INFAVOR: (Y) 193 OPPOSED: (N) 139
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT #28 Article #1
It looks like the 5 town total is.
IN FAVOR: (Y) 1333 OPPOSED: (N) 796
Shortly after Town Meeting the Monkton Selectboard begins the process of making appointments to various committees that perform the bulk of the Town’s business. Many of these committees are actively recruiting new members and the work they do is vital to the Town of Monkton. This year the following positions will be appointed:
- Zoning Administrator
- Development Review Board (3 positions)
- Recreation Committee (3 positions)
- 911 Coordinator
- Emergency Management Director
- Delegate and Alternate to Addison County Regional Planning (4 positions)
- Delegate and Alternate to Transportation Advisory Committee (2 positions)
- Delegate and Alternate to Addison Solid Waste Management District (2 positions)
- Energy Committee (5 positions)
- Agricultural and Natural Areas Committee (2 positions)
- Recycling Coordinator(s)
- Tree Warden
- Animal Control Officer
- Green Up Coordinator
- Web Master
- Vermont State Police Commission Advisory Board
- Municipal Building Committee (7 positions – new committee)
If you have an interest in volunteering for any of these positions please send an email to Selectboard@monktonvt.com , attend a Selectboard meeting, or reach out to any member of the Selectboard.
MONKTON SELECTBOARD MEETING
MONKTON TOWN HALL
DATE: Monday February 27, 2017
- REGULAR BUSINESS: 7:10 – 7:30
- APPROVE MINUTES
- REVIEW AND APPROVE CHECK WARRANTS
- REVIEW AND APPROVE OVERWEIGHT PERMITS, ETC.
- PUBLIC COMMENT (Guests) – 15 minutes
The Monkton Town Hall will be closing one hour early on Friday February 17, 2017. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Attached is a colorful invitation that can be printed and posted, as well as the warned agenda, for your information. Please share this widely (newsletters, websites, FPF, bulletin boards, etc.) so everyone has a chance to be a part of this historic event!
ANESD Holcombe signed warning for Organizational Meeting_01_11_17
Invitation to Org Meeting 2017-02-16